WEEKS BEFORE VALENTINE’S DAY’
- Get your pre-orders in to avoid the higher prices on the market. Make sure to order from suppliers with the freshest product
- Pre-book and let the farm wrap your roses.
- Update your website and any other online promotional materials or marketing.
- Check last year’s records to make sure you’ve got enough stock, and don’t forget to keep them this year too.
- Designate someone to manage the deliveries — one person knowing it all is better than a few knowing some.
- Capitalize on the colored, non-red roses by offering them as Valentine’s alternatives — not everybody loves the red classic look!
Grab ahold of new regular customers with a promotion for March — “Why not treat your loved ones more than once a year?”
THE DAY BEFORE/ON VALENTINE’S DAY
- Have your packing material out and ready.
- Keep your staff happy, relaxed, and in the shop by sorting out a schedule for breaks and providing food and drink for them.
- Freshen up any pre-prepared arrangements — change the water and rinse the stems.
- Email customers with dispatch notifications — clear phone lines mean more orders coming through.
THE DAY AFTER
- Make sure you show your hard-working staff some appreciation — maybe even with a bunch of flowers or lunch!