Instagram has become one of the most popular social media marketing tools for florists. After all, this image-based platform lets you show off your gorgeous blooms and arrangements in unique and creative ways.
Just like any other social media platform, Instagram trends evolve rapidly. That’s why it’s so important to know what’s coming up for 2023, so you can stay on top of your marketing and advertising and increase your followers, leads, and sales. To help you, here are five of the most important Instagram trends for 2023.
1. Authentic Content Wins
You’ll see more unfiltered, real content with raw and honest posts in the new year. The more truthful the content, the more followers will see you as relatable, believable, and legitimate — and the more they’ll share your posts.
2. Influencers are More “Real”
These days, people want to see fewer picture-perfect celebrity influencers and more people they can relate to. That’s why more users are following influencers with lives that are more like their own. By tapping into this and creating long-term relationships with these influencers, you can also build relationships and trust with your followers.
3. Personalized Hashtags Increase Engagement
Hashtags are more popular than ever on Instagram posts, particularly if they’re relevant to your brand and followers. You can increase response and social shares by researching what hashtags get the most engagement and adding them to your posts.
4. Filters and Effects are Bigger than Ever
More businesses are using augmented reality (AR)-based Instagram filters and effects than ever before. Filters are a fantastic way to promote new products and are easy to add to Instagram stories and reels. Plus, many brands make custom filters; if they’re good, users love copying and sharing them.
5. User-Generated Content Creators are Increasing
You may know about user-generated content (UGC), but did you know that brands now hire UGC Creators to create “authentic” content to post on their brand accounts? This is one of the newest trends on Instagram, and it’s a way to make your Instagram feed have a more authentic feel without having to do all the work yourself.
Instagram’s 2023 Trend Report: How to Use it to Reach Gen Z Customers
As you can see, one word tops all others when marketing on Instagram: AUTHENTICITY. And it’s also the most important word for your up-and-coming Gen Z customers. They value real, authentic connections above all else, and prefer to shop with businesses that they trust and that share their values.
That became even more evident when Instagram recently released its 2023 Trend Report focusing on Gen Z consumers. Some of the most relevant trends from this report are:
• Recycle, Reuse, Reconstruct – Gen Z consumers value sustainability, and most of those surveyed said they planned to make their own clothes or shop at thrift stores. You can tap into this by focusing on recycling activities in your shop, such as setting up a container recycling program and promoting it on Instagram.
• Taking Action – Gen Z is an activist generation, and in 2023, more of them will shop to support causes and communities they care about. If you support a particular cause, make that prominent on your Instagram feed. You may even want to donate a portion of sales to that cause. You can also participate in community events and promote those widely.
• Climate and Expressive Beauty – Climate change is at the top of Gen Z’s priorities. That’s why two-thirds of them plan to purchase beauty products that express their unique style while protecting them against extreme weather and sun. You can tap into this by promoting sustainably sourced flowers and eco-friendly alternatives like potted plants.
• Alt Takes on the Metaverse – While you now hear the term “metaverse” everywhere, it’s something Gen Z consumers have understood their whole lives. And they plan to take things a step further in the digital world by using it to express individuality, diversity, and equality. You can take advantage of this trend by promoting diversity and individual expression in your Instagram images and videos.
We hope this gives you some ideas on how to use Instagram to increase your followers — and sales — in the new year. We can’t wait to see what amazing content you share!