When marketing your floral business, Facebook should be a key part of your strategy. Facebook reaches 2 billion users DAILY, making it the undisputed king of social media marketing. But how do you know what to focus on with your Facebook marketing in this AI-driven, constantly changing technological landscape? That’s where we come in. Here are the top Facebook trends for 2023 and how you can use them to grow your floral business.
1. Facebook Reels for Advertising
Facebook Reels has been a popular trend for years, second only to TikTok and Instagram. Reels just keeps growing, with plays doubling in the past year and reshares doubling in the six months leading up to February 2023. Now is the ideal time to start advertising with Facebook Reels if you’re not already doing it.
How to Use Reels:
• Continue to create organic content on Reels, as this will increase engagement with your business.
• Learn about the types of ads you can do on Facebook Reels and how they differ from Instagram Reels by visiting the Meta website.
• Dedicate a portion of your ad budget to create paid ads on Reels and test the response.
2. Facebook Shops
While customers can no longer shop on Facebook livestreams, they can still go to your Facebook Shop. This online store lets users browse, shop, and purchase directly on Facebook or click through to your website to complete the sale. If you haven’t already set up a Facebook Shop, now’s the time!
How to Use Facebook Shops:
• Update your Facebook Shop with all your current offerings and remove anything you no longer sell.
• Create product collections in your Facebook Shop to highlight seasonal offerings, wedding arrangements, etc.
• Review your sales reports to see which items were most popular, then work out how to highlight these products in reels, ads, or live demos.
3. AI for Content Creation and Recommendations
While Facebook has been using AI for many years, 2023 has taken it to a new level. Meta is focused on generative AI, a technology that can produce content like text, images, audio, and more. While this is still in the early stages, you should start using AI to make your content creation faster and easier!
How to Use AI for Content Creation:
• Dive in and learn about the many AI content creation tools now available — you’ll be amazed!
• Start using tools like ChatGPT and Google Bard to create Facebook posts and captions.
• Learn about how the Facebook algorithm works to rank content so you’re doing all the right things to get your content seen.
4. Ad Targeting with AI
Facebook’s Advantage+ catalog ads use AI to target customers with specific products. It’s fully automated to show relevant products to people who have shown interest in products on your website — or who have never visited your site but are interested in your type of products. These automatic ads can save you hours of work!
How to Use AI Ad Targeting:
• Read up on Advantage+ catalog ads to ensure you fully understand how they can reach potential customers.
• Create an ad catalog on Facebook that includes all the products you offer and the relevant information on each one.
• Experiment with Advantage+ ad campaigns and monitor results to see how they compare to your previous ad spend.
5. Improved Creator Experience
Digital creators make money on and through Facebook by creating valuable content. Recently, Facebook has made it easier for content creators to earn money, and this can be a good opportunity for you to partner with creators to grow your audience.
How to Work with Creators:
• Start researching potential floral creators to partner with. An easy way to do this is through Meta Brand Collabs Manager.
• Contact potential creator partners personally to see if they’d be interested in collaborating with your business.
• Work with your creator partners to develop effective content and monitor the results over time.
6. AI Improves Chatbot Capabilities
With conversational AI, chatbots can now have more sophisticated customer conversations than merely answering a few basic questions — and the more they “learn,” the more refined they can become. Using these chatbots can dramatically reduce your customer service workload.
How to Use AI Chatbots:
• Read up on the benefits of Facebook AI chatbots and how to use them.
• If you’re not already using Facebook Messenger for customer service, implement it now as part of your overall Facebook marketing strategy.
• Research and implement one of the many available AI chatbot tools that integrate with Facebook.
As you can see, the trends on Facebook are clearly focused on the power of AI. We know this is a lot of information, but we also know that diving into how to use these AI tools on Facebook can be a major benefit to your floral business. Good luck!