When it comes to social media marketing, Instagram can be a goldmine for your floral business. How influential is Instagram? Here are a few statistics from the social media management platform, Hootsuite:
• 1.22 billion people use Instagram each month
• 59% of U.S. adults use Instagram daily
• 9 out of 10 users watch Instagram videos weekly
• 58% of users say they’re more interested in a brand after seeing it on an Instagram Story
• 44% of people use Instagram to shop weekly
To help you take full advantage of all Instagram has to offer your floral business, following are the hottest Instagram Trends for 2022.
1. Instagram Shops are Becoming the Standard
Instagram Shopping lets your customers purchase right from the app instead of having to head to your website. And this trend is bigger than ever, particularly among Gen-Z customers. In fact, more than 130 million people click on an Instagram Shopping post every month, which will only increase.
How to use Shops:
• Set up an Instagram Shop if you haven’t already.
• Use product tags in your posts and stories that direct people to your shop.
• Start by selling a few arrangements from your Shop and then expand from there.
2. Paid Advertising Overtakes Organic Reach
As with other online platforms (we see you, Google!), Instagram’s algorithm is constantly shifting. This can make it challenging to get your organic content seen because what you try today may not work tomorrow. That’s why more businesses than ever are choosing to go with paid ads on Instagram.
How to Use Paid Ads:
• Set up an Instagram Ad account. You can find easy online tutorials for this.
• Work out your campaign and budget before creating the ads.
• If you need help designing ads, you can find it on sites like Upwork or Fiver.
3. Everyone Can Now Use Story Links
Until late 2021, only those accounts with 10,000 followers or more could add links to their Instagram stories. Now, however, everyone can access this feature! And since Stories only stay up for 24 hours, adding a link can make it easier for your followers to access the content you want to share, such as a sale or promotion on your website.
How to Use Story Links:
• Create your story, tape the “add sticker” icon and select the “link” sticker.
• If you’re running a specific promotion, create a story about it and link to the website page.
4. Goodbye IGTV, Hello Instagram Video
For years, IGTV was the place to feature your longer videos. Now, Instagram has removed IGTV and replaced it with Instagram Video, where you can feature all your videos via a single tab on your profile. This makes it easier for people to discover new video content since it’s on your main Instagram feed.
How to Use Instagram Video:
• Create a video featuring a floral design demonstration and put it on your Instagram page.
• Link to the video from other social media pages (Facebook, Pinterest) to get maximum views.
5. Social Justice Advocacy Burns Bright
As we have mentioned in past issues of LivRio, social advocacy, activism, and engagement are incredibly important to Gen Z and millennials. And Instagram reports that social justice advocates are some of its most active users. Plus, Gen Z plans to donate more money to social causes in 2022 than in previous years.
How to Incorporate Social Justice:
• If you have a connection to a particular cause, create a story about it and put it on your feed.
• Partner with a local charity and share videos of your activities.
6. Creators and Influencers Rule
Digital creators (who create engaging content) and influencers (who promote that content to their followers) continue to be the biggest audience-getters on Instagram. And 72.5% of marketers are expected to use influencer marketing by 2022.
How to Get in on the Influencer Trend:
• Search for local influencers in the floral industry.
• Contact the influencers who most align with your brand.
• Partner with one or more influencers to create engaging content for your Stories.
7. Instagram Reels Continue to Rocket
Short-form video content is more popular than ever on social media, thanks to TikTok. And Instagram wants to grab more of that business through their Reels app. So, since Instagram will likely reward Reels users, you could see a boost in exposure or engagement.
How to Use Reels:
• Share a short, fun video on a new flower that just arrived to your shop.
• Create a reel every time you deliver an arrangement to a customer to show how happy they are with their purchase.
8. Instagram Live is Stronger than Ever
Speaking of video, we can’t forget to mention the power of live streaming. Per Hootsuite, 80% of Instagram users would rather watch a livestream than read a blog post! So, if you haven’t started doing live videos yet, what are you waiting for? They don’t have to be formal; the more “off the cuff,” the better.
How to Use IG Live:
• Livestream new, unusual flowers arriving from the wholesaler.
• Set up a Livestream when you hold a floral workshop, so followers can share in the fun.
These are just some of the hottest Instagram trends, and we hope they can help you in your marketing efforts. But of course, the only thing constant with social media is change. So, if you’ve tapped into another Instagram trend that’s helping your floral business, please share it with us!