4th of July P.R.E.P.
Fourth of July is traditionally a holiday of three “F”s: Food, Fireworks and Fun. Now we want to help you add another: FLOWERS.
While there are many ways to promote 4th of July offerings in your store through patriotic displays and special discounts, it’s only a part of the business. These days, the best way to get a whole lot of new customers is to promote online. Here are a few ways to do this for the 4th of July holiday:
- Send out an e-newsletter to your customer list a few weeks ahead of July 4th. Make it personal, by sharing your own 4th of July traditions, special memories, or anything that will create an emotional connection. Also offer tips on how to throw a great 4th of July party, including a few of your favorite recipes, and of course talking about the way you use flowers in your decor. The point of this newsletter isn’t to sell anything, it’s to create a stronger relationship with your customers. More sales will come as a result.
- In the weeks after the newsletter goes out leading up to July 4th, send a series of emails to your customers with a special offer on red, white, and blue arrangements. Choose a different offer for each email, as customers may respond to one versus another. Provide a link to your website that shows these arrangements and make it easy for customers to click and purchase.
- While this is all going on, make sure that you’re regularly updating your social media with patriotic images and thoughts. Share as much as you can on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest. Show your followers some creative arrangements as well as pictures of your store and your team prepping for 4th of July fun!
- Have a general 4th of July sale on your website, to promote and sell overstock items. For example, you may have some plants on hand that haven’t sold, or perhaps certain containers didn’t sell well. Offer a discount on these items to help move them out of your shop.
- Extend your online sales past the holiday. There’s no reason to stop your 4th of July online sales on the actual 4th of July holiday. What if your customers prefer to shop on the weekends? Make sure you offer your special deals for at least a few days after the holiday, to capture these potential shoppers.
- Run a contest on social media, offering a prize of a 4th of July arrangement for the most patriotic image. Maybe you want to feature “patriotic pets” or “patriotic kids” – these are most likely to get shared. And make sure you add a hashtag that includes the name of your store.
Prepare now and get ready for explosive 4th of July sales!