A pumpkin is an ideal vase for this gorgeous autumn arrangement, featuring a variety of colors and textures that are perfect for this season. Follow our step-by-step directions to create this arrangement for your customers. Better yet, set up a DIY workshop where you can teach them how to create their own! It’s a perfect way to increase your customer base while sharing the beauty and power of flowers.
1. Gather the following materials:
• Floral foam
• Floral shears
• Rio Bi-color Roses
• Rio Spiders
• Filler flowers of your choice
2. Cut off the top of the pumpkin to leave an opening wide enough for the arrangement, then scoop out all the seeds. You may want to do this before your DIY workshop attendees arrive to make it easier for them.
3. Trim down the floral foam to fit in the opening you carved out. Then, soak the floral foam in water while you cut down the cellophane and line the inside of the pumpkin with it.
4. Insert the floral foam into the pumpkin so that it’s completely covered on the top and sides bottom by the cellophane. Make sure the foam goes all the way in so the top aligns with the top of the pumpkin, and trim as necessary.
5. Trim your flowers so the stems are long enough to insert into the foam and come out an inch or two above the foam. Insert the flowers into the foam, starting with the spiders as the focal, then the roses, followed by the filler flowers.
As you can see, this is a straightforward arrangement to make, and the results are stunning! That makes it perfect for a DIY workshop in your store. Also, have a few on hand as a “grab and go” gift this season. Your customers will LOVE them!