RIO’S QUALITY CONTROL
- Every member of our QC (Quality Control) staff is dedicated to providing you with consistent, high quality flowers all year round. We follow a demanding set of quality parameters in the production, harvesting, and packaging of each and every flower. In addition to inspections at the farm, the quality control specialists at our Miami distribution center assess all our incoming shipments of flowers each day to make sure that they meet our quality, grading, and packing
- These inspections are processed through an innovative software system called Petals, which was created by our own in-house IT and QC departments. This unique software allows us to database all the inspections and immediately
communicate and connect to our farms as soon as product is received into our Miami facility. These standards and processes act as your insurance that every flower is delivered to your door as though it were just cut at the farm.
“AT RIO ROSES, EXCELLENCE CONTROL FEELS LIKE A MORE APPROPRIATE TERM FOR OUR 30 YEARS OF INNOVATIVE AND METICULOUS FLOWER INSPECTION.”
EACH AND EVERY FLOWER WE CUT MUST MEET EXACT GRADING STANDARDS.
THESE GRADING STANDARDS INCLUDE:
- UNIQUE CUT STAGE PER VARIETY
Every variety is different, and each should be cut at a different time to yield the best
possible bloom for the end consumer.
- MINIMUM HEAD/BUD SIZE STANDARDS
Each grade and variety is measured against its ideal bud size.
- FOLIAGE REMOVAL
Each stem is conveniently pre-processed with 12.5 cm of foliage stripped.
- EVEN STEM CUTS
All stems are cut evenly within each bunch to ensure proper hydration.
BEST VALUE IN STEM LENGTH IN THE MARKET
- We measure the stem lengths without including the bloom heights.
- We use a two-tier bunching system and grade all of our roses using the bottom of the lower tier.
- When adding the bloom height from the top tier, on average, an additional height of 10 cm is included.
Refrigerated shipping and handling at every step
of the delivery process increases the life and
health of our flowers. As soon as the stems are
cut at the farm, we transport them in refrigerated
cargo trucks and airplanes and only handle them
in refrigerated facilities.
WE PACK FLOWERS IN A
MANNER THAT MAINTAINS
THEIR FRESHNESS AND QUALITY
DURING TRANSIT, AND MAKES
UNPACKING EASY FOR
- Flowers are packed in multiple rows for efficiency and protection.
- Rubber bands on the stem are placed above the bottom of the bunch so that they are not cut when the stems are processed. A large rubber band is placed around the flowers to hold the bunch intact.
- Bunches are placed into sleeves for protection. The sleeves are labeled with the variety name, grade, and farm code for your convenience.
- Bunches are meticulously packed in the box using cushion covers, placed in key areas to prevent damage during transit. Plastic straps are used to hold the bunches in place.